Delivery drones are devices built for logistics, they transport goods and materials from their retail point to the consumer’s location. The main goal/use of the delivery drone is to move materials or products to their intended location. The delivery drones are mainly used by the logistics company and retail outlets all around the world.
Logistics companies and retail outlets are businesses that mainly rely on transport of goods or materials from one location to another. The use of delivery drones by these businesses is an improvement, it will really help in keeping a continuous logistics operation.
Delivery Drones can be large and also carry large packages which do challenge the cargo planes in both its size and use. They can also be of small size, maybe the same as your palm which can carry much smaller objects. You should know that despite the size or type of the drone, companies and retail outlets find them all extremely helpful in maintaining market productivity.
If delivery drones where popular? It would be because of the following advantages of using a delivery drone. These advantages are:
- Delivering the product: this is the obvious advantage of the delivery drones. Their main use is to deliver products or materials. You can say they are programmable devices that deliver products from their headquarters to the targeted destination of the area. There are two types of these drones, we have the little quadcopters of similar size with the sky viper, that transport small-sized product from retail outlets. And we have the large drones which are used by logistics companies for the purpose of transporting large products or bulky materials.
- It improves time management: the delivery drones eases the workload of its human counterparts and allow them to focus on other necessary delivery procedures apart from making the delivery itself. The delivery drone has a lesser error margin when it comes to locating the exact targeted area which is why it is heavily depended on by its human counterparts.
- It saves energy: The use of devices such as the delivery drones will save the energy of the human counterparts and focus it on accomplishing more task than the exhaustive delivery task.
- It saves time: The delivery drones are like additional manpower to the institution in which it serves. It transports the product from one location to the destinated delivery point through a remote-controlled system. This way workers will have more time to attend other delivery operations at the workplace.
- Ensures safety: drones can prevent accidents because they are delivering the product physically to the consumer in place of the human delivery, that can cause errors which could lead to accidents. Human delivery personnel are usually Exposed to dangerous environments but with the use of drones, human personnel will not have to risk having an accident.
- Accuracy: delivery drones are more effective when it comes to the delivery of a product to the right receiver. They are more accurate than the human delivery. Incidents of delivery to the wrong recipient will reduce.
If drones were popular there will be advantages but also disadvantages that we will have to work with and they are as follows:
- The drones are costly: delivery drones are still quite expensive since its still new to the market. And only a few major companies use delivery drones to improve their logistics activities. The average cost of a drone is of the range $50 for small drones to $500 for the large drones.
- Battery drains fast: delivery drones are known to run out of batteries easily, because of its use for a long time. While the delivery is taking place, the drone could run out of batteries if too much time was taken for it to reach the target destination. If the delivery fails it will cause complaints from the consumers.
- Requires technical know-how: Operating or piloting a delivery drone is a challenging task and will require a level of expertise to be able to use the drone perfectly. The level of expertise required can be gotten from the manual of the device and the procedures to be learned. It takes time and effort before you can successfully operate the drone.
- Defective drones: delivery drones do malfunction several months after purchasing the device. This is due to a factory defect that was failed to be detected by the maintenance crew of the drone manufacturing company. Defective drones can affect delivery activities negatively.
- Breaching of privacy: deliver drones make use of cameras while delivering the product to the target destination. While delivering the product, corrupt drone users might use the camera to get information from the consumer without the consumer’s consent.
- Easily stolen: drones are quite easy to steal when you remove the power sources quickly. Delivery companies will no longer have command over the device.
Getting a recent purchase delivered in just a few minutes is every customer’s dream. Sadly, this doesn’t always happen. But this could all change if merchant companies decide to invest in delivery drones with the purpose to make deliveries faster, and save on costs, not to mention significantly reduce greenhouse emissions. So far, we’ve only seen a few companies like Amazon, UPS, and Dominos putting their money into drone deliveries. Hopefully, delivery drones will become an essential part of the logistics industry in a few years as more companies follow suit.
HE IS PURSUING HIS ENGINEERING IN IT.HE HAS AN VAST AREAS OF INTEREST WHICH EXPANDS TO VARIOUS FIELDS.HE IS DEEPLY INTERESTED IN EPISTEMOLOGY AND ONTOLOGY.