We all know Kali Linux is Most Advanced Penetration Testing Distribution, Ever made. Most of the ethical hackers use Kali Linux for pen-testing.Usually, they prefer to install it on on virtual machine rather than dual boot. So, In this article, I’m gonna show you how to install Latest version of Kali Linux on virtual box in a right way without messing up with your host OS.
You can also use Vmware instead of the virtual box since the Virtual box is open source software so I’m gonna move with virtual Box.Installing Linux OS is usually cumbersome for many people because of lack of knowledge , In this article, I will guide you step by step process to install Kali Linux on Virtual Box along with video tutorial to make things easy.
How to install kali Linux on virtual box in windows 10
- The latest version of Kali Linux 64 Bit 2016.2
- The latest version of Virtual Box for Windows hosts x86/amd64
- Internet 🙂
Step #1 :
Let’s Begin , I hope you have installed the latest version of Kali-Linux . Now click on NEW
Step #2 :
- Write your system name for ex- kali-Linux
- Select type : Linux
- Select the version : Linux 2.6 /3.x/4.x(64 bit)
Step #3 :
Now select amount of Ram – Recommended Ram 1024 MB
Step #4 :
Now select hard Disk setting
- Choose Create a virtual hard drive now option
- Next , select VDI option
- Now select Dynamically allocated option.
Step #5 :
Now select amount of Hard drive size (Recommended size – 30 GB) and also set destination location.
Step #6 :
After finishing set-up , Now select Kali – Linux ISO File
- Go to settings (Right Click on System name)
- Select Storage
- Now select the location of the Kali-Linux ISO file from your computer (for example ,my ISO file name : kali-linux-2016.2-amd64)
Step #7 :
After setting-up with hardware in the previous step, Finally you need to install kali-Linux on your virtual machine
- Click on start
- Now Installation screen appears – Click on Graphical Install as an option
- Follow the installation guide , If you’re stuck at any stage you can watch the video tutorial to make things easy.
Finally , Now you have completed your installation process.To improve the performance of VirtualBox you can tweak the settings.Also, one more thing at the present scenario you can see your virtual box is not in full-screen mode and when you press full–screen option it opens the VirtualBox window to full but the kali Linux running in it stays the same size . To make VB full screen you need to install Guest Additions after installing you should be able to choose any Virtual Screen size you want.